Blogger Widgets Whatever I want to write about: Study smart vs Study hard

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Study smart vs Study hard

Assalamualaikum,

Stress is a common word that come out from most students especially near or during final exams. It's like a custom that, final exam = stress. Personally for myself, I do feel a little bit of stress whenever final exam is near. I'll be lying if I say don't. -,- But final exam didn't make me stress as much as when I don't do my revision as much as I could. Haha. I don't mean struggling hard to study but it's enough to know that I do some revision on everything because I believe in study smart not study hard. I can bet that most people misunderstood about the differences between study smart and study hard.

Study smart in my terms is that, you spend your time wisely but not lengthy on doing a particular subject. There's no use to spend 5 hours of studying but didn't exactly know what you are studying about. Therefore, spend a short period with frequent intervals so that your mind can refresh everything. Main key point in study smart is to first understand what you are studying about. The rest will come smoothly. ;)

Study hard in my terms is that, you spend time on doing or revising things that you hardly understand and just plainly, study. -,- It's totally wrong and way too wrong. My friend did the same thing and I don't see any particular improvement on her score by pulling a nighter and some didn't even sleep till the next exam day! I was kind of impressed by that but I don't want to take the risk, as for me, sleep is very essential to maintain our health. Be careful for those who practice 'no sleep before exam', your brain may go blank on the day of exam but if you feel okay by doing that, you are just lucky, plain lucky. 

I do encourage students to practice study smart not study hard. Why choose the long journey if you can take the shortcuts? 

Yes, based on my personal experiences. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment